Why does it feel so much worse to lose money gambling, than say, in the stock market?

                                       

I have lost a huge amount of money in the markets.
I would like to answer this question by telling you a pretty simple observation(just in case if you are gambling in cash) however it does feel horrible when you lose money in any segment.
So
  1. Imagine yourself giving someone 50k in cash ; all 2000 rupee notes and imagine losing the same amount on the computer screen.
Does it make a difference? Surely it does.
As on the computer screen you only see the numbers flashing now and then, you only feel the numbers turning green and red, you only view the numbers increasing and decreasing.
YES.
.
.
Its all about NUMBERS OR FIGURES man!!!!!!
2. Now imagine yourself giving someone 50k rupees; all 100 rupee notes i.e. a huge bundle of notes just because you lost them in gambling.
Did you feel the pain?
Did you understand my feeling?
I hope you will, when you'll reluctantly give someone a bundle of notes or lose in figures in stock market.
Because yes my dear friend, the feeling is completely different : Losing in figures and Giving someone a bundle of notes.
Note:- This was the same observation my father had explained to me when I lost heavily in stock markets.
I recovered all the amount later that's a different story but yes it does make a difference even if the amount is same.
BY ABHIRAM DAPKE

Comments